- Market was considered to be knowledgeable not been the most (let alone, the bank sharia not only devoted to the Muslims because there are a number of bank customers nonmuslim),
- system for the best results compared to the more profitable system of the bank interest rate of the conventional (review at the time of economic crisis-monetary),
- a return given to the customer's bank syariah fund owners is much greater than conventional bank deposit interest rate (plus more recently, the interest rate of Bank Indonesia Certificates (SBI) continues to decrease, so that bank interest rates also decreased),
- Sharia bank does not provide a loan in the form of cash, but working together in partnership, such as principles for the results (mudharabah), principles of inclusion capital (musyarakah), principles of sale and purchase (murabahah), and the principle of rent (ijarah), and
- principles of Sharia bank profit is not the only goal for a Sharia bank to seek how to make funds available to build a welfare society (moreover, working under the Sharia bank supervision of the Board of Supervisors Sharia).
- principles of justice, that is, the rewards on the basis of the results for profit margins and set up an agreement between banks and customers,
- principles of equality, ie, where the customer funds, the funds and bank users have a right, obligation, the burden of the risks and benefits of balanced, and
- principles of peace, that the bank follow the principles of Sharia and Islamic rule muamalah (free of usury and apply charity property).
Translated and adapted from Buletin Ekonomika dan Bisnis Islam issued by Economic Faculty Gadjah Mada University